Looking for a guest lecturer, presenter, consultant, or speaker for your next conference or event that is passionate about assistive technology and vision impairment? Look no further than Veronica Lewis!
I am a college student with low vision studying information technology and assistive technology. I have been passionate about assistive technology and vision impairment since I was in high school, and love to find new ways to use technology to improve the lives of people with vision impairment. Additional interests of mine include accessibility in the performing arts (specifically dance, music, and theater), audio description, universal design, and transition skills.
Where I’ve been featured
I have been featured by a variety of websites and companies for my work with assistive technology and disability advocacy. Here are a few examples:
- Microsoft Inclusion in Action Project
- Paths To Technology- Perkins School for the Blind
- The Mighty
Some articles about me
- The People and Projects That Inspired Me in 2017- Satya Nadella
- Mason Junior Won’t Let Disability Cloud Her Vision- George Mason University
What I do
I love to put together presentations and speak in front of audiences of all ages and sight levels. My presentations are created using Microsoft PowerPoint or Microsoft Sway to ensure that they are accessible for all, though I can also create Microsoft Word files on request (host is responsible for printing and/or converting to Braille formats). During presentations, I share my knowledge and expertise about assistive technology and life with vision impairment, as well as my own experiences. I am very positive and upbeat, and try to keep the audience laughing whenever possible. I frequently travel with a sighted guide who discreetly assists me as needed during the presentation. I always dress in professional clothing as well- colorful floral dresses are my favorite!
Examples of past presentations:
- Presentation on Transition Services- Maryland School for the Blind Transition Conference (March 2018)
- Using smart devices for magnification- Texas School for the Blind event (May 2018, presentation unavailable)
- AT and Apps for Students With Vision Impairments- AIM-VA Knowledge at Noon (February 2018)
- Life With Four Eyes: My Experiences in Virginia Public Schools- Guest Lecturer for Vision Impairment Consortium at George Mason University (every semester, presentation unavailable)
- How Assistive Technology Benefits Students in Higher Education- Aira and AT&T Press Event (August 2018, presentation unavailable)
I am currently booking for speaking engagements, guest lectures, and consulting for 2019 in the continental United States, and for webinars and online events internationally. I am based outside of Washington DC (closest airports are IAD and DCA) and while I am available for travel, I am a college student so I do not have as much availability. Preference is given for online events or events in the Mid-Atlantic region of the United States.
I do charge a fee for my presentations, but there are discounts available for schools and similar organizations. I ask organizations to pay what they can, and cover my travel and transportation when needed.
If you’re interested in working together, fill out this form below: